Alright..so a month in so far into 30 for 30 and it’s coming to the end of 2015. Shit is getting real. Like really real. Making some progress but still got a long way to go. Let’s just talk about 2015. Hell of a learning year for me..personally, professionally, and mentally. Between work, my relationships, and just life in general… I mean we go through things that we may not want to at the time or even the moment up to know but we learn from it. I totally believe things happen for a reason so we learn and grow from it, no matter how great or shitty things get…there’s a purpose..there’s a reason.
These actions have set me up for 2016 to be better. My 30 for 30 list will help me only become better and to grow.
So where am I in my list so far…..
2. Run a full marathon. Always wanted to do this, but just never set the goal/time to make it happen. SIGNED UP! I will be running in the Delaware Running Festival on May 8th. I picked this one for a few reasons… 1.) I grew up in Delaware…REPPIN the 302! 2.) ummm flat state? yes please. 3.) Weather is good in the spring 4.) Didn’t want to spend a ton of $$ traveling for it and I wanted family to come
So here we go! First marathon is lined up. To keep me motivated I will be joining the You vs. The Year Challenge with Under Armour–great way to stay inspired and motivated.
10. Read 5 books. Just like writing growing up, I have enjoyed reading more in my life now. Never finish a damn book. Time to make it happen.
OKAY—so I haven’t read all 5.. butttt I started on one and I am almost done. Finishing up on “You Are A Badass” by Jen Sincero. Book review coming soon but really digging this book.
17. 1 day a month make zero plans..nothing. So so so hard for me. I can’t sit still and just need to make sure I make zero plans for 1 day out of the month. This is a hard one for me.
On the schedule– December 17th–no plans… holy hell it happened and it was amazing. What did I do.. slept in, made breakfast, drank coffee, and then went for a hike in Gundpowder with my pup. The Franks had a blast, we cranked out about 5 miles that day and with this crazy weather it was 65. Just myself, fresh air and the woods… yes that Delaware kid came out of me.
Next planned no plans day–Sunday, January 24th.
21. Plan a date night 3x a month. Realizing how much date nights are important. Make time for us together.
So I haven’t been keeping track on this one but what I do know that we have spending more time home together. We have been venturing out in the neighborhood trying new places to eat. I have to keep track on this. But this month it’s been a blast.. posted is my post game face when the Ravens beat the Steelers…he is a Ravens fan.. and I am a Steelers fan. Yeah. I mean Ravens are on a losing streak and some how the Steelers lose. I’m done.
24. Take 2 vacations with boyfriend. Can’t remember the last time we took a vacation together. NO bueno.
WHAT?? SAN DIEGO IN A WEEK! We are heading out to sunny San Diego next week the 5th-10th.. Trip on the books… where to next?
25. Keep a journal of daily thoughts. Writing that sh*t out every day is relieving. I hold things in…like a lot. So writing it out feels good.
I have a journal that I have been writing in 2-3x week.. starting somewhere but damn does it feel good to write it all out before you go to bed or thoughts when you first wake up. Keep track of life. Sure it’s not every day but it’s good to do it when I can…that’s all we can do.
Chipping away day by day.. it’s a start. Leaving this to mind as we enter into 2016. It’s now or never kids.